If you are interested in a more relaxed lifestyle, you may consider purchasing a condo rather than a traditional new or resale home. There are a number of reasons why moving into condominiums in cities like Barrie have become increasingly popular . Here are a just a few to consider:
- If you buy a new condo you can have it decorated to you personal tastes. You can choose the colours of your carpet and floor tiles, cabinets, countertops, fixtures and other amenities or leverage the advice of an interior designer as many condo builders maintain them. Your personal design choices will truly make your condo a home.
- People who live in condominiums and choose to socialize typically develop tight knit communities. You are going to have people living just down the hall. However, should you prefer privacy, you can also rest assured you are not going to be bothered by the noise of a traditional apartment complex as your walls will be well-soundproofed. Many condominiums have leisure and communal areas inside and out where residents can go to spend time together. As with any community, you can be as busy or relaxed as you choose.
- You will never have to worry about paying someone to do your landscaping or having to do it yourself. You will also never have to worry about watering your lawn, cutting the lawn or snow removal (a welcomed perk in places like Barrie). All of this will be included in your condominium fees. This is one of the reasons why condominium living is becoming so popular for those entering their retirement years.
- If you are living alone, downsizing can be a positive change. The same is true if you are a couple of empty-nesters. You will actually be able to enjoy your retirement without having to worry about having an entire house to clean and a yard to take care of.
- Keep in mind that you will be buying a condominium and perhaps carrying a mortgage rather than renting an apartment or home. This means your money is not going to go to waste each month and you will develop equity in your condo over time.
- New condos are being built to higher standards when it comes to energy efficiency; thereby reducing your potential long term expenses on home heating, water or electricity.
- Most condominiums have 24-hour manned and monitored security systems. This means you are not going to have to worry about someone trying to break into your vehicle or your home. Condo living is a very safe alternative.
To find out more about condo living in Barrie or elsewhere talk with a real estate agent or drop by a condominium sales office where there will almost certainly be someone available to answer any questions you may have. If you have an opportunity, talk to current condo owners in the area to get their perspective on their specific community. Condo living is a wonderful, and in many ways, simpler lifestyle many younger and older couples are considering. You will no doubt find several condominium owners who can come up with a lot of other great reasons to make the switch.